Frequently asked questions
Who can be nominated?
- Members you know within your club
- Members you know within another club
- Friends or family who are surf lifesaving members (even if you’re not)
- Note – if you are nominating another person, please ask for their consent first. Parent/ guardian consent is required for people under 18 years of age.
Do they need to be a long-standing member to be nominated?
- No, they can have been a member for one week, one year or ten years.
Do they need to be from a club in Queensland?
Is there an age limit?
- Any age, from the smallest nipper to your club’s oldest member. Note – If the person you are nominating is under 18, parental consent is required.
Will they need to be in front of a camera (video or still)?
- Potentially yes, should your story be selected as a future ambassador (for promotional purposes).
Does the person need to have a particular role within their surf life saving club?
- Any current member can be nominated, regardless of their role (e.g., patrol member, age manager, lifeguard, radio operator, sports athlete, BBQ coordinator, etc.)
Will the selected ambassador/s receive anything in return for donating their time?
- No monetary compensation will be provided, however you will walk away with the knowledge that you could be inspiring the next generation of surf lifesavers
- Copies of the professional photos and video footage captured can be provided upon request for personal use only
How do I submit a story?
- Using the above online form
- Minimum 250 words about the person you are nominating and why you think they would make a great ambassador for Surf Life Saving
- If writing isn’t your thing, you can instead make a video telling their/your story (videos are to be uploaded to Vimeo or YouTube and a link provided within written submission. If you don’t wish to make the video public, please provide us with the password or contact us to find out how to submit to us via Dropbox or Yousendit)
- Photos are also encouraged but are not mandatory